The lawyers at Aaron Waxman & Associates are experienced with Disability, Personal Injury and Employment claims.
Toronto Police Service has announced that on Monday January 30, 2012, Operation Safe Commute begins. Officers from Division 14 are initiation a Zero Tolerance Campaign that will take place for the week of January 30-February 5, 2012.
According to the press release, 1.2 million cars commute in and out of Toronto daily. A safe and orderly commute contributes to a better quality of life for all citizens. High volumes of traffic contribute to reduced road safety, frustrate drivers, flare tempers, increase commute times and traffic congestion. As a result, commuter frustration leads to more aggressive driving, traffic signal violation, illegal parking and the dreaded gridlock.
So, Police Officers and Parking Enforcement in 14 Division will be diverting their attention to any infractions that impede the safe and orderly flow of traffic. Officers will focus on aggressive drivers, illegal turns, gridlock offences, no standing zones, and no parking restrictions.
The main message: Road safety is everyone’s responsibility.
TPS offers the following tips:
1. Plan your route and take your time
2. Pedestrians: Be alert of your surroundings- be predictable and visible
3. Cyclists: follow all rules of the road
4. Motorists: look for pedestrians before making a turn
5. Motorists: obey all traffic and parking regulations
Aaron Waxman and Associates is a Toronto Personal Injury Law Firm that specializes in car accident claims and disability claims.
* This blog is for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute legal advice. Please read our disclaimer for further information.
* All of our lawyers are licensed by The Law Society of Upper Canada
* Office in Toronto and able to represent people in the province of Ontario